2021 Pod Projections
The Ultimate Fantasy Baseball Projections
Why You Should Trust My Projections Over the Swath of Freely Available Systems:
- I have been projecting players manually since 2001 and have never relied on a computer model to spit out results.
- I calculate every underlying metric by hand and am therefore aware of and factor in injuries, off-season player movement, mechanical changes, and anything else that may affect a player's projected performance.
- I have developed several proprietary metrics that guide my forecasts, including hitter xHR/FB and xBABIP, along with pitcher xK%, that rely on underlying components not considered in other forecasting systems.
- I am a two-time Tout Wars expert fantasy baseball league champion, winning the inaugural 2013 mixed draft league and the prestigious AL-Only league in 2017 (and setting records for the most points scored and largest victory margin in league history), which was featured in the fantastic book Fantasyland.
- I am the 2015 Fantasy Sports Writers Association Baseball Writer of the Year, finalist for Baseball Article of the Year in 2013, and finalist in the categories of Baseball Writer of the Year and Baseball Article of the Year in 2014; both nominated articles related to projecting player performance.
- My 2018 projections were the most accurate of the non-aggregated forecast systems as calculated by Mr. Cheatsheet.
- My 2014 pitcher projections were proven best as calculated in Will Larson's Projection Review.
- My projections proved to be a consistently strong performer in Tom Tango's Forecasters Challenge:
- In 2009, my projections (then labeled as FantasyPros911) went 42-0 and finished 1st out of 22 in the head-to-head competition.
- In 2010, my projections (still labeled as FantasyPros911) ranked 4th out of 22 in Unofficial Competition #1.
- In 2011, my projections finished in the top 7 out of 22 in each of four competition setups.
What's Included in the 2021 Pod Projections Package:
- Oodles of hitters and pitchers forecasted with an ever growing projection population as the season nears.
- A vast array of projected statistics, including nearly every standard stat (not just fantasy categories!), plus advanced metrics and even pitcher Quality Starts!
- The ability to contact me to request a player not already included on the projection list.
- Regularly scheduled published updates with a projection change log.
View my forecasting process in action as I developed a 2020 projection for a hitter and a pitcher!